Saturday, December 27, 2008

ready for a change

The talk of New Year's resolutions has begun.
This past year was good, we had a great summer and Lily arrived, but the year financially for us was horrible.
Looking back at last year's resolutions, I didn't really accomplish what I had hoped.
I am drinking more water now, but that is because I am breastfeeding, I hope that I will continue to drink more water this year, it does a body so good.
Walking, well last spring and summer I was good about getting out, but after Lily and then starting the coaching job I didn't really get out and go walking as much as I would have liked, I hope that this spring I will be able to again.
Saving for retirement, unfortunately that didn't happen at all this year, but we will try again this year.
Get rid of debt, closer, we finished paying off one loan, we are close on several others, but we added a bit more- medical debt from having Lily, but we are closer to being debt free then we were at this time last year.
Save more, didn't really happen because we were so low on money that we used savings to pay bills.
Looking at last year's post I had hoped that 2008 would be a better year for us financially, turns out it wasn't, but we survived. I have learned a lot and I have cut back more. Hopefully it is just up from here.
I am ready for a change. I am tired to getting frustrated about the same old things. I am tired of not being content and wanting life to be so much more. I am ready for a change and I am going to set some realistic goals for 2009 and resolutions. 2009 is going to be the year for us!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails