Tuesday, January 01, 2008

a new year with mixed feelings

I hate to be so unoriginal, but how did the year go by so fast? I can't believe it is 2008 already. Last year was mixed, some good times, beach trips, lance's first birthday, lance sleeping through the night consistently, and great times with lance, but also some sad times, lance leaving babyhood and entering toddlerhood, the rough patches at the shop, Erica moving away, me being in a funk part of the year. 2008 has lots of promise, but possible losses as well. Jeff is currently trying to decide whether to keeping going with the store, we have been open for six years and though I would like more time with him and less stress, I don't know what it will be like without the Scene 3. My biggest fear is that he will resent me and blame me for the store closing because with me not working he has to provide for us financially and that is the reason we will close the store, but I gotta keep things positive. The arrival of baby in August will be exciting, but also sad because it won't be just the three of us and the ease of vacation and going out in general will be gone, but we will be over the baby phase and ready for bigger and newer things which is exciting. I have some new year's resolutions: get rid of debt, save more, start saving for retirement, drink more water and go for a walk at least 4 times a week (easy in the spring and summer, but i get lazy in the winter). I really want to be better about saving money and now that I am managing our money it is easier to transfer money into savings then nagging jeff to do it. I hope and pray that 2008 will be a better year for us financially, I hate treading water and I hope this year with better planning we can keep our head above water because last fall we were submerged and it has taken us 3 months to get out of the hole. So it is a new year, a fresh start and I look forward to the adventure ahead.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails