Monday, January 20, 2014

warm before the storm

Today was a warm and sunny day.  I can't believe I am calling 55 degrees Fahrenheit warm, but it was.  It was nice.  The kids had off from school and it was Lance's friend's birthday so we went to Putt-Putt to play some mini golf, ride the go-karts, and play in the game room. 
It was such a nice afternoon, tomorrow it is suppose to be cold and snow and then the rest of week quite frigid (not above 30).  I would love for it to snow tomorrow, but I am not going to believe it until I see it.  Tonight I sit here thankful for the breakfast with friends visiting from out-of-town, another friend who will hang out with my kids so I can attempt to grocery shop alone, an afternoon of fun that didn't cost much since we had won an attraction pass for Putt-Putt, dinner together as a family that everyone liked, and an evening without kids since they are having a sleepover.  As of right now I have class at 8 in the morning, it may get cancelled because of the threat of snow.   Life is good, I am thankful, and I am trying to not get my hopes up about the snow, trying, but it is hard, snow is pretty, and fun, and allows me to dress in multiple layers, be outside, and not feel overdressed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails