Tuesday, January 22, 2013

homemade laundry detergent revisisted

So one year ago and 17 days ago I made my first batch of homemade laundry detergent
I wanted to try it after seeing it on Pinterest and wanting an alternative to the expensive detergents at the store and to find something that would stop ruining my clothing.  All of my shirts were getting holes in them and after a google search I suspected that it was an anti-pilling agent in the detergent that was causing the holes in my clothes so I decided to try homemade, it was safer and maybe less holey.
A year later. . .
I am still making it and using it and LOVE IT!
I went from having at least 8 shirts with holes with no holes, or I should say no new holes.
It is so easy to make and so much cheaper.  I also don't like a lot of smells so this is perfect for me.
I even made a liquid detergent to use when I wash cold because a few times I had problems with the powder not dissolving.
It also gets out stains better than I expected.  It was and still is hard to get use to the fact that you only need 1 Tablespoon of detergent.  I know that most people use way more detergent than they need, but 1 Tablespoon seems like nothing.
So I am officially a convert!
I have also quit using dryer sheets because of the waste and thankfully Method came out with a fabric softener for when I want a little sent and softness though I don't need it.  I also use a lightly balled up piece of aluminum foil to prevent static.
So I have made the switch and haven't looked back since.
I am turning into a hippie one day at a time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails