Saturday, November 03, 2012

hate politics

I can't wait for Tuesday. 
I am so sick of politics and political phone calls and political mailers.
I hate living in a so called "battleground state."
Today between 10:45 am and 6 pm we had 8 political phone calls.  8, that is ridiculous.
Thursday in the mail we received not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 5 political mailers. 
The Republican party is responsible for most of the paper in my recycle bin and the messages on my answering machine within those who support the right, its the NRA that has hounded me the most.  I have been getting at least 1 phone call a day from them. 
I am not a gun owner, I will probably not own a gun, and if you keep hounding me I will be sure not to vote for you endorse in the future. 
The NRA has WAY too much money to spend.
Also, on NPR yesterday they were talking about the Virginia Senate race and how 50 million dollars from outside of the state has been spent for the race.  50 million dollars, that got me thinking as to much how money has been spent all over the country for this election.  According to opensecrets.org, it is estimated that over 5.8 billion dollars has been spent.  5.8 billion, that is ridiculous. 
I can make a huge list of better ways to spend that kind of money. 
I thought this country was in a financial crisis?  
5.8 billion dollars, that could help a lot of people.  5.8 billion dollars could do a lot more good than it ever will going to a politician. 
5.8 billion dollars, that makes me just sick.
I am all about one-dollar-one-vote.  I don't know all the details, but if you can only donate one dollar I don't think I would get fliers or the phone calls or have to sit through political ad after political ad the few times I actually watch live tv.
Then there is all the pressure that you must vote a certain way if you are affiliated with a certain group of people.
I just want to say, God is not for one political party or another and I don't think God is going to hold me accountable based on who I voted for (a video I just saw on facebook)  especially since it is not laws that change people it is love, but that is a whole other story.
I could go on and on, but it is not worth it.
I just can't wait for the madness to end.
Change, is not going to happen until we start loving people and caring for one another and put our pride and selfishness away. 
I can't wait for this election to be over with.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails