Sunday, November 04, 2012

Fall Back

Fall Back and Spring Forward are the worst weekends of the year.  The idea of an extra hour of sleep is a myth, at least if you have young children.  I have noticed that the first Sunday after the clock change seems to be the longest day ever.  This morning Lance was up at 5:30 (the old 6:30) and Lily was up at 6 something.  The morning and afternoon seemed to drag on.  I thought at one point it was the middle of the afternoon, like 3:30/4 and was surprised to find that it was only 2 o'clock.  We ate lunch very early for the new time, and was starving at 5 pm, but didn't eat until 6 (which is late according to our internal clock).  The kids of course were completely a mess by 7pm (the old 8 pm) and we didn't know whether to keep them up to hopefully help them adjust to the new time and get up later, or let them go to sleep and keep the early wake, early to bed pattern.  I hate that the sun sets at 5 now instead of 6, but then again I don't really like that if we didn't change the time it would still be dark at 7 am.  I just hate winter, I love summers with hot weather and long days.  I seem to hibernate in the winter, I lack motivation to exercise and I just want to stay in bed.  Maybe I need to move to South Florida where it is always sunny and warm. 
And that's enough complaining.
I am thankful that we were able to spend time this afternoon with family from out-of-town.  I am also thankful that we got to spend time together as a family, sometimes life seems so busy and we are just passing each other by.

1 comment:

trademark monitoring said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails