Monday, September 19, 2011

not what I expected

I dropped Lance and Lily off at school this morning and then I headed over the community college to get a few things done before class since I wasn't fully prepared for lecture and I needed to photocopy some things as well.  I began to think about how this summer I was looking forward to the extra time I was going to have in the morning while the kids were in school and about all the things I could get done around the house.  I never imagined that I would be working.  So instead of being at home Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings getting things done, maybe crafting, maybe cleaning and organizing, maybe cooking, I am off to work.  I am still in shock by how quickly this job came about.  Though my class isn't till 11 and I do not technically have to leave the house until 10:20, maybe 10:30, I always leave sooner since an hour and half doesn't give a lot of project time.  I had been looking forward to my mornings alone for months prior to school starting, but I am not though disappointed.  Even though this teaching job has had a rocky start, I like going and being around people and having something to do.  I like having school work and studying, I enjoy having to use my brain.  As a result of working, I appreciate the time I have with the kids more, especially Lily and I's two morning together. I also appreciate the weekends more because they mean so much more now.  This winter I hope to appreciate snow days more as well.  I am also excited that I am once again regularly contributing financially to our family especially since my other job is not regular or I should say has not been this year (I was super busy last year, but this year there has been very little).  So overall life is crazy and busier than ever, but it is good, and I am so thankful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails