Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Top Ten Favorite TV Shows

Last night there was nothing good on television and it got me thinking about my favorite television shows and how most of them are "reality" television shoes.  Some are shows are educational where others are my guilty pleasure and fortunately most aren't shown in the same season so I am not watching television all night, every night.  So here's my list of favorite television shows:

10- Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)
- I have no idea why, but I am hooked, I guess I am fascinated by really expensive houses and the price people will pay for them and not to mention the super huge, silly egos those boys have

9- Tabitha's Salon Takeover (Bravo)
now the first season was really good, and the second was okay, but I am amazed at how these salons are gross and unprofessional and how to the point, tell-it-like-it-is Tabitha is

8- Deadliest Catch (Discovery)
-we started watching it 4 years ago when I was in the hospital after having Lance, I don't quite know why I like it, it is a "manly" show, yet I enjoy it every season, I guess it is just sentimental to me since it was on a marathon the day Lance was born and I had to watch ever episode since Jeff had the remote and I was too tired and in pain to fight for it, new season starts tonight!

7-  Storm Chasers (Discovery)
- I am afraid of tornadoes, yet I am totally intrigued by these people who get as close as humanly possible to a tornado, I can't wait for a new season

6- Dirty Jobs (Discovery)
-I think Mike Rowe is funny and entertaining though after a friend told me she thinks he is "hot" I have a hard time watching Dirty Jobs now without thinking about Molly and her crush on Mike, the show does make me thankful for not having to do some of the NASTY things people do for a living, my favorite episode of Dirty Jobs was the behind-the-scenes where they showed the crazy things the camera men, producers, and sound and lighting guys do to get the perfect shot, they are crazy

5- Desperate Housewives (ABC)
-It is so a soap opera, yet I enjoy it and like how the weekly theme runs parallel in everyone's lives, Jeff supposedly hates it, but if it is on he gets sucked in, maybe that is why he hates it so

4- Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice (ABC)
-I was a big ER fan when ER first arrived on the scene and I like medical drama and enjoy these two shows, well sometimes I love one and don't really like the other depending on where the storyline is going, but I usually watch both shows regularly and am hooked

3- Lost (ABC)
-I have had a love/hate relationship with this show over the many years, I loved the show in the beginning and currently do since things are kind of making sense, but I have hated the large gaps in between seasons and a few of the tangents that it went on in the middle years, overall it is one of my favorite shows that has kept me interested over the years and I am sad the end is near

2- Whale Wars (Animal Planet)
-I hope there is going to be another season of this because I love this show, I am amazed at how you have two groups (the Sea Shepards and the Japanese Whaling Fleet) who both are right and who both are wrong and the intense war between them, can't wait for a new season especially since I heard on the news the Japanese sunk or tried to sink one Sea Shepard's boats, or maybe it was the other way around

1- The Real Housewives (Bravo)

-Real Housewives is my guilty pleasure.  I am extremely entertained to see how these women live and how ridiculous their lifestyles can be.  It has been extremely interesting these past seasons with the economy being rough and watching them try and downsize.  My favorite seasons are Orange County and New York, though New Jersey can be quite a circus and can give a good laugh.  Watching makes me appreciate my simple, genuine, poor life, this show has proved that money doesn't buy happiness and love, it just buys stuff

This is just my top 10 of favorite television show, Oh Amanda has even more Top Ten Lists for reading fun.

4 comments:

ohAmanda said...

Will you still like me if I tell you the ONLY show I've watched is LOST? Of course, you know I am a HUGE Lost fan but still...I need to update my TIVO apparently!

a

jubilee said...

I love LOST, Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice too. And I love Tabitha because she says what most people won't or can't say. And she claims she just being direct, not rude. I think it's a little of both. :)

Great List!

Katie said...

I watch Desperate housewives every week!

Kristi Bonney said...

I am counting down the days to the premiere of the Real Housewives of New Jersey! I hope there's more table flipping this season. Great list!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Have a great day!

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails