Monday, November 02, 2009

monday confessional

Some days I strongly dislike my 3 year old, that's not right.
I love him dearly, but some days I strongly dislike being around him and just want to be far, far away.
Today has been a very trying day and I am so thankful that both kids are napping at the same time because I just don't think I could handle another minute.
I know that this stage will pass, one day.
Why I want to pull my hair out:
This morning Lily had my digital camera and had it on, Lance tried to grab it away from her and since he came at her with force the poor camera went flying in the air landed on the hardwood floor with the lens open and now doesn't work.
Before nap we went for a walk, Lance insisted on taking his lawnmower with him, after five minutes he didn't want to walk anymore. Lily wanted to walk and push the lawnmower, but anytime she touched it he would jump up and hit her. The whole possessiveness is very difficult to deal with.
Then there is the whole sleeping situation, I don't know how it happened, but Lance has gotten into some bad sleeping habits and I don't know how to resolve them. He has to have someone in the room in order to go to sleep and if he gets up at all in the middle of the night he won't go back to sleep in his bed, so most nights he ends up in our bed. I know we should be stricter, but we are so tired and can't deal with the battle of wills at 3 am.
And I could go on about how the little guy has been terrorizing his sister and irritating me, but I need to let it go and enjoy the quiet while I have it. Some days I am ready to find a job and go back to work and away from the chaos, at least for a few hours.

1 comment:

Mollypants said...

I laughed out loud at this...I am baby-sitting for two kids their ages once a week and have discovered a universal theme...that the toy that ANY child wants, regardless of age or gender, is the toy currently in their sibling's hands.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails