Friday, November 13, 2009

it's a dark time

life has been tough this last year and I can't wait for things to start looking up because I am so tired of looking down. 
I listened to a podcast yesterday and Joseph was mentioned, Joseph went through a whole lot and everyone but Joseph prospered and was blessed, but in the end Joseph was blessed and he prospered and if he hadn't gone through all he did he would not have been the man he was.  Now applying that to myself. . .
It can be difficult to keep my sights on the bigger picture when I feel like I am drowning in the right now. 
It is also hard to know that everything is going to be okay when it seems hopeless.
There is a plan for me, for me to prosper, and right now I am being molded and refined and though it is painful, the result will be wonderful.
I think I like the happy-go-lucky-everything-wonderful Christianity better than the real, painful, growing faith in Jesus that I have.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails