Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Lance's favorite recipe

Lance is a very particular eater. I don't make him special dinners, so he generally just doesn't eat very much. He doesn't always eat a lot of meat, he is more of a bread kind of guy. Last night though I hit the jackpot on dinner for Lance. He loves this chicken recipe I found on kraft's website and though the ingredients sound kind of strange and I get grossed out making the marinade, it is so good. Though the chicken was cut up in small pieces he ate a whole chicken breast worth, we would give him a little, but he kept asking for more and more. I too ate more than usual, I can't get enough of it, it is so good, it definitely tastes better than it looks. I have been surprised lately by some new recipes I have tried that the ingredients sounds gross together, but they turn out being really good. So Lance officially has a favorite recipe and when he can talk I am sure he will request it. As an added bonus, he helped me make the marinade, he loves to help in the kitchen and since no ovens were required I let him!

Lance's favorite Chicken Recipe (Sizzlin' Chicken Skewers from kraftsfoods.com)
1/3 cup hot water
1/4 cup bbq sauce
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Grey Poupon
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (though I sometimes don't have fresh so this isn't always included)
1 lb chicken cut into smaller pieces
I mix the first six ingredients together and pour over chicken, let marinade for at least an hour, then put them on the grill, pouring marinade over the chicken with each turn.

It sounds gross, but it is so good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails