Thursday, March 05, 2009

beside the refrigerator there was a piece of glass

Miss Susie stepped upon it and broke her little,
ask me no more questions, tell me no more lies,
miss Susie is in the bathroom zipping up her
the flies are in the kitchen, the bees are in the park,
Miss Susie and her boyfriend are kissing in the D-A-R-K, D-A-R-K, D-A-R-K, Dark, Dark

I think I am missing the beginning of that rhyme
we use to sing that all the time in elementary school
I wish I remember how it started
well speaking of refrigerators,
our fridge door handle broke shortly after we moved in
it took us almost 5 years to replace it, PITIFUL, i know!
Last week Jeff ordered a replacement part (he tried to replace it a year ago, but he couldn't remember what color our fridge was when he was at the parts store and never forgot about it)
well the part came in on Tuesday and while Lance was napping Lily and I fixed the door handle, I must say I am pretty handy with a screwdriver!
I had told Jeff the part came in but I didn't tell him I fixed the door handle because I wanted to see if he would notice it.
when he got home from work I was feeding Lily some cereal and I decided to ask Jeff to get things out of the fridge that we needed to make dinner so that I could see how long it would take him to notice the new door handle.
I first had him get out the half-n-half, he didn't notice the door, he also didn't use the handle to open the fridge. I made sure the door was shut and asked him to get out the Parmesan cheese, he once again didn't use the door handle to open, but he did use it to shut the door. At this point I was crying because I was laughing so hard, he had used the door twice and he even used the door handle and still hadn't noticed the change. He of course asked what I was laughing about and I told him to see what was different about the fridge, he opened the fridge once more and started looking at the fridge contents trying to figure out what special treat might be in there that he hadn't noticed before. I of course was dying laughing, especially when he gave up and shut the fridge using the door handle. I told him to look at the door with and that is when he realized that I had fixed it and he was so surprised that he hadn't noticed it himself. We both laughed till our stomachs ached because he was complete clueless to the change right underneath his hand.
I am happy that our fridge handle is now fixed, but someone else has now learned how to open the fridge all by himself, Lance!
Lance can now open the fridge which he couldn't do before. He opens it up and stands there trying to figure out what he may want, usually it is cheese, but he is wasting a lot of energy in the process and he doesn't always close the cheese drawer and door when he is done which means it stands open. He can also now can get a juice box out if he so desires, and juice is his favorite thing. I am not quite sure I like this new power he has. Maybe the newest will wear off in time, that or he will get constipation from eating so much cheese and learn his lesson, just kidding. So the fridge is now complete and has a new user. Just shows there are highs and lows to everything!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Miss Susie (or Lucy?) had a steamboat. The steamboat had a bell. Miss Susie went to heaven, the steamboat went to hell-o operator. . . darn, what comes next? Something like that...

Sarah said...

yeah that is it
the rest is
hello operator, give me number 9, and if you disconnect me, i will chop off your behind, the refrigerator. . .
thanks for the reminder!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails