Wednesday, January 28, 2009

our weekend away

We are back! I did it, we did it. We survived our first road trip! The kids did great especially since we were in the car a lot and had absolutely no schedule what-so-ever. Here is a snapshot of our weekend away:
The kids all packed up and ready to go!

I was a bit nervous taking both kiddos solo especially since neither one of them are fans of the car, but they did great!

Outside of Charlottesville are some beautiful horse farms. There were quite a few for sale signs around, a lot more than usual. I always say I couldn't live out in the country, but I think I would enjoying living on one of these beautiful farms, the scenery is just amazing.

We made it up to Alexandria Friday late morning and spent the day with little Emilie. Lance had a blast with his new friend.

Lance enjoying Emilie's box fort.

Emilie's daddy is a state trooper and let us use his hat. Lance would not try on the police hat so we had Lily do it.

Lance loves police cars, ambulances, fire trucks, trains, airplanes, etc and he was in awe of the real police car, but a bit timid of the policeman inside. I made sure we had a picture of him by it, he loved the flashing lights, but wasn't a fan of the siren.


Lily was amazing. It was a busy weekend going everywhere, and Lily did great, here she is being very cozy.

Lance and Emilie playing on the piano. This was one of the first times that Lance was actually bigger than a friend, in fact he looks quite large in comparison. Lance and Emilie played together really well and really enjoyed each other's company.

Saturday morning we got up and headed up to Maryland. I dropped Lance off at my friend's house and then headed to Baltimore with Lily for a swim meet. I ended up being late to the meet because I got caught in an intersection that was closed off for a fireman's funeral, it was frustrating sitting in traffic for over 30 minutes. The meet flew by and fortunately we won, just barely and then I headed back to Erica to hang out with her and the boys. Lance really enjoyed playing at Erica's house and he fell in love with one toy in particular:
What does Lance want for his birthday? A powerwheel! He loved this thing and rode on it every chance he got.

Sunday we decided to go on an adventure and headed up to PA to hit Hershey Park, Erica's favorite place on Earth. I wasn't too sold on the idea at first, but it ended up being a really fun day. We took a trolley ride around Hershey and learned the story about Hershey and got to each chocolate along the way.
Lance, Lily, and I on the "train" getting ready for the tour of Hershey. Lance was very excited to ride on a train and did great on the sixty minute tour.

This is not a great picture, but it is a picture of a chandelier in the founders hall in Hershey. I loved the chandeliers, they looked like snowflakes, if I am ever wealthy I want a chandelier like that in my home.

Here is Lance showing off his chocolate bar that he got from the chocolate works, trolley tour of Hershey, he was so excited to have his own chocolate bar.

We had just finished the trolley tour and decided to go on the factory tour ride again and Lance was so excited he was running to the entrance.

The singing cows on the factory ride, they sing to you, Lance loved them. After Hershey we headed back to Erica's and had dinner. The kids were all wired from eating chocolate so we had a dance party, lots of fun was had by all.

Lily enjoying the boys burning off some energy by dancing!
Monday morning we got an early start since it was snowing and I was concerned the roads would get bad and we made a pit stop at Ikea. It was weird shopping at Ikea by myself, but it was still fun. We had breakfast in the cafe, yummy and got a few things for our home. Then we headed back home. The trip was a lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again when the weather is a lot warmer, there are so many things I want to do around D.C. and now that I know my kids can handle the trip I am ready for warm weather.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails