Friday, January 02, 2009

2-for-1

Right now I am into 2 meals with basically one set of ingredients. I love being able to buy one main ingredient and making two meals from it, it is my new favorite thing. It saves money and waste. Also, with swimming taking up a lot of my time I have needed to have easy meals and 2-for1 meals have come in handy. Some examples:
Sunday night: rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes, stuffing, vegetables then I took the leftover chicken and made Chicken tetrazzini with it which is now in my freezer waiting for a night when I don't feel like cooking
Christmas Day: ham with typical holiday casseroles then a few days later cut up the ham and made a quiche
Baked Ziti and Stuffed Shells, I make a whole batch, but put half in the freezer.
I need to find some more recipes to broaden my frozen food selection, but I am so happy that we aren't being as wasteful because we are not always the best at eating leftovers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails