Wednesday, December 10, 2008

i miss the simple life

I miss going to sleep and waking up and it is morning.
-if it isn't one kid it is the other or me just getting up because my body is expecting one or the other to get up
I miss being able to have nice clothes and not worry about getting them ruined in a day.
-i don't know if i can get through the day without food or spit up on me and my clothes have to be washed so much nice things would not hold up, plus they would get stretched from being pulled on by both kids
I miss being able to take a shower and stay clean for a couple of hours instead of a couple of minutes.
-lily just threw up all over me forcing me to get a new change of clothes and rewashing some body parts so I won't smell like sour milk all day
I miss personal space.
-i feel like i am always holding a child
I miss being able to do stuff around the house without it being mission impossible.
-it takes 4 times as long as it use to, to get anything done such as laundry, vacuuming, bill paying, etc
I miss being able to clean a room and have it stay clean for more than 10 minutes.
-i miss the easy days when i just had one kid and he wasn't mobile
I miss having extra money to spend on things like Christmas presents.
-i love giving gifts and there are so many things I want to get for jeff, lance, lily, my mom, etc, but the money just isn't there and it stinks
I miss warm weather and daylight, it gets dark so early and the sun gets up so late.
-i hate the cold and dark

Okay, though life with two kids is far from simple it is good, I need to remember that
I love having a boy and a girl
-they are so different, yet very similar and I get to experience raising both genders and some people never get children let alone two healthy children
I love that it is Christmas time
-it is fun, i love decorations, the goodies, wrapping presents, praying for a white christmas, christmas music, etc
I love that the reason my house is a mess because it means we are having a good time and playing
-we can't clean up because that would ruin the fun
I love holding sleeping babies
-especially when they just melt into you
I love that I am for the most part able to stay at home and raise my kids
-many people can't and I pray that I will be able to continue to
I love no life stage is permanent and that in a few years my challenges now will be gone
-though there will be new challenges and may miss the days of spit up, dirty diapers, etc

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails