Sunday, October 26, 2008

we survived

we did it, we survived our first swim meet and it wasn't so bad.
I had been nervous, well downright terrified if I am going to be honest about this swim meet.
Why?
It was an hour away, Lily plus car is not a good combination and I had to drive separately from the rest of the team so I was worried about driving with her screaming for an hour with no one to help calm her down.
It could have been a long meet and if she wasn't a happy camper I don't know what I was going to do because I had to get lap splits for the swimmers.
I didn't know if there was going to be a place for me to feed her and change her diaper and clothes if necessary.
I didn't know if it was going to be hot or freezing cold.
Well all my worries were for nothing, she was a dream
I tortured the poor babe before we left by not letting her sleep so she would sleep on the way there and wouldn't feed her until right before it was time to go. Holding her off on sleep worked, she slept most of the way, but she did cry for the last 15 minutes of the trip, better than expected.
After getting there I fed her and she was awake for a little while. By the time the meet started she was asleep and slept through 90% of it. I couldn't believe she slept through the meet, it was loud with the swimmers cheering and the official blowing the whistle to start each heat, but she snoozed away in the sling. She woke up during the last break and I held her during the last two events. After the meet I fed her again and we headed home. She slept most of the way home too. So we survived our first swim meet. One down, I think about 9 more to go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails