Monday, May 26, 2008

this weekend

The weekend was jammed packed and a lot of fun, we took tons of pictures!

Friday:
Lance and I played outside and I had to document the fact that a few things I had planted actually survived, bloomed, and looked nice. Here is my purple rose bush I planted last spring:
This is Lance smelling a red rose bush that I almost killed, but it came back after the deer ate it to bits two summers ago.
Here is Lance trying to grab the rose bush to smell it:
Lance is trying to get me to smell the flower:
Lance's new thing is riding is tricycle through the flower beds, not my favorite thing, but he had a bad cold last week and felt so bad so I was pretty slack on discipline.

Saturday:
Lance, Grandma, and I went on an adventure.

We picked strawberries.

They tasted as good as they looked, I wish I never had to buy store bought strawberries again and I could always get them fresh and local.


"Aunt Christy" came for a visit and Lance and we had some fun with sunglasses.

I love this picture:
Lance loves his "Aunt Christy"




Lance being Lance had to have the camera and took a bunch of pictures. Here is Lance's picture of the baby at 29 weeks:
Christy told him to take a picture of his shoes:

I am quite impressed with his photography skills at such a young age!

Today:
Despite money being nonexistent for us we spent money Jeff made from his event to go to the Safari Park since Jeff had the day off and we wanted to get away. We had such a nice time and it was so much fun to get away and forget about all the junk life has been throwing at us lately.

Lance loved looking at all the animals and oohed at everything. Here he is climbing on a tortoise statue:


The Safari Park has a drive through section where you can feed the animals, well mainly the lamas because nothing else can get past them, they are quite persistent. They walk right up to your car and stick their heads in the window to get at your food, it is a little creepy at first.
You can really get up close and personal with some big herbivores, you aren't suppose to feed these guys as well as the bison, yet people do so they end up sticking their huge heads in your car looking for food and they barely move out of the way when you are trying to drive past.


Lance really liked being able to "drive" with daddy and sit up front with us during the safari drive-thru.
We had a really great time and a lot of fun. This weekend was a lot of fun and it was nice to have some fun and forget about all the stress we have been dealing with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It was a jammed packed weekend! The pictures from the petting zoo are great. What a beautiful day Monday was! Wow! The pick of me and Lance with the sunglasses is priceless. Thanks for the props for "Aunt Christy". Miss you already. Today it's raining and I'm home alone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails