Friday, May 02, 2008

halfway there

I am halfway through with my back to work month at Magnolia and it is harder then I thought, but it is nice to get out and be social, I just wish it wasn't so physically demanding. I guess I have gotten to be quite the wimp these days and standing up for hours is a lot harder then it use to be (then again, when I worked there I wasn't pregnant, I stopped working there occasionally when I was five months pregnant with Lance and here I am in my sixth month). The Wednesday and Thursday nights aren't bad (3.5 to 4 hours and I am in the kitchen), but the Saturdays are brutal (8.5 hours). I really miss Lance on Saturdays because I don't get much of a chance to hang out in the morning before I leave at 8:45 then when I get home between 5:30 and 6 I am so tired I can barely move and then in two hours it is time for bed so I don't feel like I get much time with him. I don't know how women who work do it, even though I am hardly working full time I can't keep up with the housework and errands and my body hurts. I am very thankful that I am able to stay at home with Lance and don't have to sweep, mop, bend over a sink washing dishes, taking out the trash, helping customers, and standing up for hours everyday, even though if I did go back to work I probably would not be in a restaurant. I have enjoyed getting away from Lance and having adult conversations, I just wish it didn't involve manual labor. I like the evening shifts better because I am mainly in the kitchen making sandwiches, cleaning up, and prepping food for the next day's deliveries which is a lot easier then racing around helping customers and I can usually get the kitchen closed up faster then I can the front counter because less tasks have changed since I was last a regular employee two years ago so I can just do and not ask someone else how to do it. I am dreading tomorrow, another all day Saturday, but I keep telling myself, only two more, I am halfway through also the baker said yesterday that I was going with him on a delivery of a wedding cake that is a good distance away about lunchtime so that would be awesome if that really happens, an hour of sitting down and hanging out with Willie instead of racing around during the lunch rush, sounds good to my sore legs and tired feet. It sounds too good to be true so I am not going to believe it until I am in the car heading out of town. Two Saturdays down, two more to go, and a paycheck waiting for me, I can do this.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails