Friday, April 25, 2008

it's been 2 years



Today is Lance's 2nd Birthday!
I can't believe it has been 2 years. I honestly can't remember what life was like before him. What did we do? This last year has been so much fun with him learning so many things and just so much fun to be around. Even though I only have two years to compare, this year was a lot more fun, challenging at times, but a lot more fun, I hope this next year will be too! I am a little sad I don't have a pause or rewind button because time seems to slip by so fast, and I don't always enjoy things until they are over, but I am working on living more in the moment and enjoy where I am each day. My heart is so full. I really love this age, even through the temper tantrums. I never thought I could love someone as much as I do Lance and I thought I could never him love him anymore, but I know that everyday I love him more which blows me away. Lance is my little man and I am so blessed that I can stay at home with him and enjoy every moment. As I look back over the last year this morning I realize how much fun we had and there is a little sadness that he is just getting older and older and will never be this way again.
This past week has been crazy. Last week I started working two/three times a week and it is really tough on my body, but it has made me so thankful that I am able to stay at home every other day with Lance and it makes me miss him, and him me, so it has been good. We were originally going to use the money to go to the beach in May, but because money is so tight right now we aren't going to go which is a huge disappointment. I need to find another working goal so it will make the pain worth it, and there unfortunately is lots of pain involved.
Time has really flown by this last week, we have been busy and spending most of our time outside playing. Tonight we are celebrating Lance's birthday with a family cookout and it should a lot of fun, I am going to try a skateboard cake for Lance so that should be very interesting.

2 comments:

Meredith B said...

Happy Birthday, Lance!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lance!

That's exciting about work - fill me in because I'm a late joiner. What do you do?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails