Monday, March 31, 2008

my baby is modest

Today was ultrasound day and I was so nervous. I wasn't so upset with the idea of having another boy, in fact, I was okay with it, but something told me I might not even find out at all what gender the baby was. The baby was positioned in such a way that the technician couldn't figure out what it was and after letting me use the restroom we tried a fourth or fifth time to tell and the umbilical cord was in between the baby's legs, we really thought we weren't going to know what the baby's gender was and I was so sure it was a boy that it didn't really matter.
After trying and waiting and trying some more we finally saw some parts and the technician is 90% positive she saw girl parts! AHHHHHH! We are having a girl!!!!! I am so excited! Jeff is excited too, the pressure is off, I got the girl and the boy I wanted. It took quite awhile to let it all sink in and I am getting more and more excited. A little part of me, very little, microscopic actually is sad that #2 will not be wearing some of my favorite lance outfits and I was getting use the name Wesley, but I know that one trip to any clothing store will remedy my sadness in a heartbeat. So now we have to pick out a girl name, in the last couple of weeks we had really been focusing on boy names because it seemed so much harder to find the perfect one, but now we have to switch gears and go with girl names, there are so many I like it is going to be hard to narrow them down. Wow, a girl, I still can't believe it.
On a random note: the chinese gender prediction test was right as well as the old wives tale you feel worse and for longer with a girl, and now that I think about it, I am carrying this baby higher than I did Lance, she doesn't kick me on my backbone/tailbone and bladder as much as Lance did.

1 comment:

Randi said...

Oh Sarah! A girl! Yippie;) The girl's clothes out there are WAY TOO precious! You will have a blast dressing her!

One of each, Way Cool!

Congrats to you all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails