Tuesday, February 26, 2008

broke it down

I hate Walmart, but we really needed groceries and we are really short on money for the next few days so I broke down and went there. Walmart makes me gag, literally. Just when I think that things in the whole gagging/dry heaving/feeling ill part of pregnancy may be over I go to Walmart and discover I am still not over it. I am at 16 weeks, aren't I suppose to be loving food and life, not gagging in the produce section or while trying to put my groceries on the conveyor belt. I don't know why, it sounds really weird, but bagged salad makes me gag and really grosses me out. Salads in general can make me ill, but I can eat a plain green salad which doesn't make to much sense. Okay, must stop typing about salad, I feel the gag reflex going off in the back of my throat. It is so weird!
Even though one of the worst aspects of pregnancy hasn't fully left, the best part has started- MOVEMENT! Every now and then I feel a little thump and it just excites me, I want more, and I laugh because I know in a couple of months I will wish for less movement if this baby will be anything like Lance, but until then I will enjoy every little thump.
Yesterday I made the mistake of requesting Jeff to do five tasks. I made a list for him and explained that it would be nice if he could get them done by the end of the week. Obviously he was insulted by my list and requested that I: clean the kitchen (we had small group Sunday so it was a mess), the dining room, the living room, vacuum the house (difficult because lance hates the vacuum and screams and wants to be held while I vacuum), and put the outside toys on the porch. I was a put out by his requests since they were very labor intensive compared to the tasks I asked of him which were: transfer money to our account, order fridge door handle, order faucet part, install handle, and install faucet. 3 of the 5 of tasks I requested of him didn't involve labor, just his computer and/or telephone. Also, I gave him a week to complete eveything, he gave me a day. Funny thing is, he only completed 2 of the 5 yesterday and the faucet part won't arrive until March 10th so it will be awhile before that task is finished. I made him a list because I am tired of all of the home improvement tasks that have been put off and put off (the fridge door handle has been broken for about 3 years). As time has gone on the list of what needs to be done around here keeps getting longer and longer, so I have decided that I am going to try and nicely give him a week to do 1 or 2 things to make our home nicer and fixed. I get frustrated because there is lots of stuff that needs to be done and I can't do it and instead of getting frustrated I am trying to tackle them one at a time, or should I say have him tackle them one at a time. I hope that this will help with the resentment I sometimes feel because he has limited free time (like all of us) and he chooses to play and do things for himself instead of tasks that would help me or fix our home, not all, but a lot of my free time goes into cleaning and making the house nice. Also so if we ever get to sell our house there won't be so much work to be done beforehand especially with two little ones running around soon.

1 comment:

Agnes Miller said...

I can't begin to tell you how much I agree with your annoyance. Sometimes my husband drives me crazy with how much of his own bubble he lives in, especially on Saturday mornings when he totally focuses on his own agenda! Grrr! : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails