Wednesday, January 30, 2008

the game genie

i hate cold weather, i really do.
I can't wait for spring to come even if it brings pollen and seasonal allergies.
Since there hasn't been anything good on television lately,and it is to cold and dark to be outside, and since I have little energy to go anywhere or do much, nor money to go anywhere we have been playing a lot of old school Nintendo because we are too poor to buy a new game system. We have been playing lots of Super Mario Brothers (1, 2, and 3, but mostly 2), but we were quite limited as to how far we could get because we aren't that skilled. After getting frustrated that we couldn't get past certain levels we decided to cheat and bust out the game genie. The game genie allows you to put in cheat codes and get special powers which make the game more interesting and easier though it sometimes takes some of the fun out of it. We tried playing Super Mario Brothers 2 with infinite lives, but it wasn't a lot of fun so then we tried infinite life meter (you could still die, but the enemies didn't kill you, but they did bump you around a bit) and a powerful jump and it make the game a lot more fun and I ended up beating the game. Even though I cheated I was quite proud of myself, I don't think I have ever beat a Super Mario Brothers game (nor any video game for that matter) and there is no way I could have done it without cheating, especially the bad guy at the end, how did people do it? it seems impossible. So now that I have beaten #2, we are trying for #3, but the cheat codes aren't as helpful nor they aren't as much fun to play with. Lance is also getting a bit better at playing, he can get the character to jump in place and occasionally to jump and move forward, he gets all excited when we let him play, it is very cute.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails