Friday, November 23, 2007

i can't believe i went shopping

but I couldn't pass up Old Navy jeans for 14.75.  I have had a hard time finding jeans that I liked and fit well and I was shocked to discover Old Navy's jeans of all places fit and looked the best.  Thirty dollars isn't bad, but 15 is even better so I got up at 6 this morning and headed out to Old Navy.  I got there by 7 and the crowds weren't too bad, the only bummer, I only found one pair in my size.  I was also shocked to discover that the flare in the style fit perfectly, but the boot cut version was too small?  Same size and same style but they didn't fit, how come?  I also got some shirts for myself and lance.  We then headed over to Target which was swamped, I need shampoo, soap, etc.  It was really the day to buy essentials, but I was over the in the area and figured why not?  Despite being strongly against shopping with the throngs of people the day after we did it.  I did not however go to the mall, I do have standards and there really isn't any shops I would want to go to there anyways, are small stinks.  After hanging out with Lance for a bit I headed to the store to help Jeff with the Christmas rush.  It was steady for awhile, but now it is pretty slow and I am ready to go home, but Jeff has to wax some snowboards so I need to stay.  
Our Thanksgiving was really nice and quiet.  We got up late, made blueberry muffins for breakfast and since it was so warm out headed to the park.  Jeff had never been to the nursery school park before and he now understands why nursery school parks are a lot more fun than city parks (lance can do a lot more by himself).  We then headed home and while Lance napped Jeff took a bike ride.  When he got back from his ride I headed to my mom's house to help with the cooking.  Dinner was uneventful, Lance wasn't too interested in eating, I think too many people.  After dinner we had to run out to the shop for a customer to buy some snowboard boots.  We then headed home and got in our pjs and watched Ratatouille.  I don't normally let Lance was tv, but since it was a holiday we let him, but he really wasn't interested.  The movie was not bad, a little too long and predictable, but cute.  So overall, it was nice being able to hang out with Jeff and not have to worry about bills, the store, life in general.   

Thanksgiving Thankful Day 5:

1- for my mom being up for shopping at 7 in the morning and babysitting so lance can get a good nap

2-  for Christmas shoppers!  

3-  for yesterday's day off and warm temperatures

4-  cold turkey sandwiches (though I haven't had one yet)

5- for digital cameras- i never took any pictures before

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails