Thursday, November 15, 2007

beginning to feel a lot like winter


No smooth transitions into different seasons here. A cold front is moving through and the sixty degree temperatures of yesterday are gone. It is cold, well cool, and very windy which makes it feel cold. I decided that I need to get off my bum and get walking. I walk everyday in the summertime, but I hate being cold and become a hermit in the winter and I know that exercise helps me feel better so I said I was going to start walking. Well, I sure picked a nice one to get started. We took a brisk 2 mile walk this morning and I feel quite refreshed. Lance and I went with Ashley and Will and we were polar opposites walking buddies. Lance was in his jogging stroller and we both had on our winter coats (we were ready for winter). Will was in an umbrella stroller and he and his mom were wearing only sweaters (they use to live in Vermont). We looked pretty silly walking down the street together, but we didn't care, I was warm and getting some exercise. Our reward for our brisk walk was a hot chocolate for me and a bag of pretzels for Lance at Magnolia. I hope that Ashley will hold me to my plan to walk on a regular basis even if it is cold outside, I am going to toughen up. One day down, many more to go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails