Tuesday, October 09, 2007

of all the inherited traits

I had hoped that Lance would not inherit my allergies, but things aren't looking good for little man. Yesterday afternoon he started sneezing, had a runny nose, and his eyes looked red. I don't know if it is a cold or allergies, but he has never sneezed like he has been before with a cold. I feel bad for him because he doesn't feel good, and I pray that this may be a short cold that will go away soon. He is currently asleep which is unusual for so early in the morning, I hope he have a long nap because the last couple of days he hasn't slept as long as he usually does. Lance has also been getting into mischief this morning. He grabbed the end of the toilet paper and ran it into the playroom. While I was showering he decided he wanted to shower to so he took off his diaper and threw it in the shower. He found the cheerios from the diaper bag and managed to open the Ziploc bag and pull a plate out of his drawer and pour the cheerios on the plate. He figured out that there was a drawer underneath his bed and pulled out all of the sheet and blankets that were there. What was I doing while the mess was being made? Guilty of trying to find some new podcasts to listen to, update Quicken, check my e-mail, and shower/ get dressed. So this morning, I am officially a slacker mommy. I will do better I promise!
On a random note, speaking of doing better. I listened this morning to another God is Green podcast from Mars Hill/ Rob Bell and I am very convicted. I am trying to figure out ways that I can be a better steward. Something that I really don't want to give up, but am feeling pretty guilty about: DIAPERS! I know that they are pretty bad, but he are so much easier, and cloth seem so bulky, or at least what I have seen from people I know. Right now we don't have the money to invest in cloth diapers, but I might be able to go 50/50 with cloth diapers, so I am making a little difference. I am interested to see if this conviction about diapers will stick or if it is something I will get over quickly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails