Thursday, October 25, 2007

Happy Half Birthday!


Today is Lance's Half Birthday- he is 18 months. I can't believe how time is really moving by or should I say it seems to be able to be slow during the rough times (those first two weeks of Lance's life, or the 24 hours of labor, or the week he had his first cold, or any night he got up every 2 or 3 hours), but the good times fly by. So Lance has been in our lives for a year and a half now which in the grand scheme of things isn't very long, but I don't what I did before he was here. I guess work took up much of my time, and I remember teaching, but I don't remember really what it was like not having him around. Lance is my little sunshine and I never thought I would love a bundle of energy as much as I do. He is not much of a talker, or at least in a language I understand. He is finally sleeping and master of taking up the bed in the early morning. He is very opinionated and knows what he wants. He loves the outdoors and playing at the park. He loves dogs, cats, and reading all of his books (current favorite: Where's the cat?). He is getting to be so much fun to play with and he can entertain himself. He is a heck of a lot smarter than I give him credit for sometimes. His new favorite thing is to hear a sound (like the train, a truck, a dog barking, rain of the roof, etc) and say something that sounds like "what's that." I was sad when Lance turned one because he wasn't a baby anymore, but now that he is more of a toddler and less of a baby, I enjoy this more. I like the interactive little man more than the little cuddly baby more and more. I still am shocked that my little baby is a year and half, but I am not sad, I am enjoying this age and not yearning for the past (maybe because I secretly hope for another baby) or wishing he was older (because he will get into even more stuff). Happy Half Birthday Lance!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails