Tuesday, July 24, 2007

busy, busy, busy

Last week and this past weekend were way to busy. This week isn't much better especially since I have to pack for the beach. I can't wait to get away for a week especially to the beach, even though I am a bit freaked since there was a shark attack there last week in knee-high water! Not to mention next week is Shark Week on discovery, I might not even get my toes wet, yeah right. Last week I helped Erica get ready for a yard sale. It wasn't easy since lance or colin were constantly undoing everything we did. I made around thirty dollars myself which isn't bad, and I guess worth getting up at 5:30 to get ready for the sale which started at 6:30. Next time I help or have a yard sale we are starting until 8, 6:30 is crazy! Last Friday I helped get ready for the yard sale then I went out to dinner with my monday morning small group, it was a lot of fun to go out alone, no Jeff, no Lance. After dinner I headed back to finish up preparations for the yard sale. By the time I had come home Lance was already in bed which made me sad. I realized that I am not ready for him to be independent of me, but all sadness was over at 4:30 am when Lance was up and wanted to nurse. I got up saturday morning before lance did and so I wasn't there when we got up for the day, once again, a set towards independence. Jeff said that he looked around for me, but he did fine. Jeff then took him over to my mom's so she could watch him in the morning so I could help out at the yard sale. She finally brought him over to Erica's at about noon. Even though I was home for his early, early morning nursing session, this was the closest experience to being gone overnight that we had ever had since I wasn't there for dinner, bedtime, getting up, and the morning. Lance and I cleaned up the yard sale and then went home to take a nap. We then headed over to my mom's house for dinner. Sunday morning we went to breakfast and had a great time people watching before church. After church mom came over and babysat so Jeff and I could spend some alone time. You know you are a parent when you get some free time and you buy diapers, groceries, and grab a quick sandwich and all the while wondering what you little one is doing without you. It was nice to run errands and eat lunch together, but I wish we could have done something a little more exciting or note worthy, maybe next time. Shortly after we got back from our outing Erica came by to drop off her kids so her and Jason could have some alone time. It was craziness trying to handle three kids under the age of 2, but we managed. At five, two other couples came over for small group, and one couple was babysitting as well so we had 5 kids we were trying to manage, it was craziness, someone was always crying, usually lance (he hadn't really had a nap) and someone was always going in and out (usually lance trying to get away from colin who was making him cry). After all the kids went home and Lance went to bed we had some good conversations about everything from movies to dealing with in-laws. I really enjoyed hanging out with our new friends. Sunday night Lance did not sleep well, it was like he was a newborn again, he was up at 1, 4, 6, and 7:30 for good. We were both tired so we just hung around the house and got nothing done. This morning we babysat and now I should be getting something done, but I am not. On an exciting note, I am an approved seller of New Native Baby Carriers so I really should be working on setting up a website to sell them. I hope that I will be able to bring in a little extra income by doing what I have been doing all along. Four more days until the beach!

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails