Wednesday, May 30, 2007

so close

Lance is almost walking, he is so close. About two weeks ago he started with two steps alone and now he can handle about 5, 7 if he is warmed up, and 9 if he is really rockin'. Last night we recorded walking between Jeff and I for about 20 minutes, it was so cute, he gets really proud of himself when he makes it from one person to the other. His ability to walk is such a mixed blessing. I want him to walk because it is so darn cute and a big boy thing, but at the same time it means he will be getting into EVERYTHING!!! On Monday we took him to a playground at a church nearby and he got to try sliding down a slide for the first time and he loved it! We went again yesterday and he is getting so good, he can now hold himself into a sitting position on the way down and get himself started by releasing his feet. He isn't talking yet, but he is almost walking. On a not so positive note, he has started biting when is angry. If we try and stop him from doing something or take something away he will try and bite us. This is a bad habit we hope to break soon and I am embarassed to admit is a habit that he inherited from me, I was a legendary biter, in fact there is a picture of me trying to take a chunk out of a fellow playmates neck because he was playing with my toys! So my little guy is becoming quite a personality and quite independent, if I can just get him to sleep through the night we will be all good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails