Monday, February 05, 2007

the makings of a strong-willed child

I don't want to look back and realized that I screwed up and I have one of "those children," but I don't know what to do. He has been getting up a lot at night, and he isn't eating as though he is hungry and I am getting tired of being a pacifer. Saturday night we tried to just let him cry it out, but unfortunately Lance won the game of who has the strongest will, after 30 minutes I couldn't take it anymore (neither could Jeff) and I got him and fed him. What should have been a 15 feeding session turned into an hour and half ordeal and I realized that I am a sucker for Lance and screaming in the middle of the night. I thought letting him cry for 30 minutes was harsh but after talking to some other moms who have older children,they have let their kids cry for an hour! An hour! Who could possible stand an hour of crying, change that screaming? It isn't like you can go to sleep when your little one is screaming with all his might in the next room! It is so hard to try and figure out what to do. Lance is starting to throw tantrums especially in the car or any other time when he is confined, I guess I just hoped that he would continue to love his bed. Jeff is out of town so it is me all by myself tonight, to scream or not to scream, that will be the late night debate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails