Sunday, January 14, 2007

things aren't so bad

This afternoon Jeff and I went mountain biking. It was the first time in over a year and a half that I have been on the trails. It was also only the fourth time I have been on a bike since getting pregnant. I thought the ride was going to be really hard, but it wasn't. I do have a lot of work to do, but I wasn't as bad as I thought I was. I was able to handle the hills better than I have in the past and I had a lot more energy and stamina then I have had before. My technique and confidence was lacking, but it will come back in time. Two years ago my new year's resolution was to enter and finish a mountain bike race and I completed it, I thought after having lance I would never be that good again, but I might actually get better with practice. I have the energy now I just need the skill and get over the fear. So today was one step closer to me getting back to my old self. I won't be able to ride as often as I use to, but it will get easier. The only downside to today's activities is I feel kind of sick, my throat feels gross and I wonder if I am coming down with a cold or just allergies, I guess I will just have to wait and see and I am afraid that I am going to feel worse tomorrow. With this crazy weather I don't know what to expect.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails