Sunday, March 23, 2014

7 Fast- Day 4- Temptations everywhere

So I have survived Day 4 of the week food fast, I am halfway through.  Today was a day full of temptation, some were very hard not to given in and others pretty minor.  This morning it was hard having bacon and eggs without muffins or toast, but the real test came after church.  The kids got a hot chocolate and coffee cake treat at Starbucks, then at my mother's house everyone enjoyed pancakes, yet another food on my fasting list.  We got home and I put the finishing touches on the cake for the auction at cub scouts, the real temptation was the icing and cake pieces we cut off of the sides to make a perfect square, I did not give in.  The temptation of cake was followed up by the yeast rolls I made for the cub scout dinner.  The dinner was pretty bad, we were the last ones to get food and so it was slim pickings on most items, but plenty of bread, the one thing I didn't plan on eating.  There was also cupcakes, cookies, brownies, and even more cake.  It was hard to just stick with tiny bit of salad and pork and pass on all my favorites. 

 The amazing thing though was I didn't focus on what I didn't have, I focused on Thursday when I could resume my chocolate and bread.  I didn't feel like I was missing out and I am so thankful.  After the dinner, I came home and had a snack of granola and yogurt, it isn't my favorite, but I am trying to like it more.
 
My conclusions from today: I was content with my fast and my choices this week, today had some tough moments, I could have cheated and no one would know the difference, but I didn't and I am glad. I am thankful that I could focus on the positives and not on what everyone else had, it probably helped that I wasn't starving too.  So today was easier and I am halfway done.  I can't wait for Thursday morning, after class I am either going to Chick-fil-a or maybe a chocolate chip bagel from Panera, oh the choices, it is ridiculous. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails