Friday, January 03, 2014

embracing the winter

The high today was 30 degrees and I went outside with the kids.  This is huge for me, I absolutely hate the cold, I would love to move to Florida.  For me 55 is cold, well actually 60 if I am really honest.  I can handle hot much better than cold, but today I handled the cold better than expected.  The kids and I took a walk, they played on a church playground, and they rode their scooters all over the church parking lot, basically I stayed outside for at least 30 minutes.  I know if I lived above the Michigan or Canada or anywhere north of me 30 degrees would be warm, but I don't,  I don't like winter and I don't like cold temperatures.  I should also note I have two kids who don't seem affected by cold weather and can be perfectly happy in jeans, a long sleeve tee, gloves, and hat where as I have one a long sleeve tee, sweatshirt, down jacket, long johns, jeans, gloves, hat, and scarf.  Maybe I am cold natured, my fingers and toes are always freezing, but maybe I can change that. 
So today I am thankful that I didn't let the cold weather keep me from going outside for a little bit of exercise and fresh air.  We are on a roll, 5 days, it takes 21 days to start a habit so let's see I have 6 more days to go. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails