Friday, December 09, 2011

hibernation

Yesterday as I was standing out at the bus spot it occurred to me that it was the first time in 24 hours that I had set foot outside.  The last time I had been outside was exactly 24 hours prior when I went get Lance off the bus.  I was shocked that a full 24 hours had gone by without me going outside and that I didn't even notice that I hadn't been out, which is highly unusual for me.  Our house is small, 1358 square feet to be exact and it seems to get even smaller during the winter months, yet it is seemed plenty big yesterday.  My realization of 24 hours of being inside got me thinking how I tend to hibernate during the winter months.  When it is cold outside, I can stay home all day and not go stir crazy.  I can't stand to be in the house all day during the spring and summer.  I should note: I can stay at home all day, but not stay inside, during the warmer, longer days I can take walks, sit outside, etc.  I hate the cold, I really do.  I also hate the darkness of winter, I hate how the sun goes down at 5 pm and these dark nights zap my motivation to do anything, especially anything out of my house: everything from going out to dinner to grocery shopping seems hard to do once the sun goes down.  I really hate winter, I can't wait for March, 2.5 more months.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails