Thursday, October 30, 2008

his new bed

Back in July with Lily's arrival a few weeks away and needing Lance's crib for her we purchased a bed for Lance. The bed was unfinished so Jeff stained it a dark espresso color and finished it before Lily's arrival, but Jeff didn't set it up until a week ago. It took 10 weeks for Jeff to finally bring it over from my mom's and fortuantely I was able to convince him to set it up right away because who knows when he would have done it and I certainly didn't want twin bed parts sitting in my living rooms for weeks. We were hoping that it would fit between the door and the front wall, but it was a hair too long, so we have it facing towards the window and blocking it a bit, but it will work until we don't have to worry about him falling out of bed.

I am very happy with how it turned out. It is quite cozy with the low ceiling and in the corner. It is the perfect setting for spending a rainy day reading in bed, too bad you can't convince a two-year to read in bed all day.


The only problem is that I need to get a fitted sheet to cover the bedsprings because the rail exposes the mattress underneath. So I love the new setup, too bad it is a pain to make and change.
Lance seems to be enjoying it too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails