Thursday, August 21, 2008

8/18/08


She's here, finally.
17 hours of labor, so much for a shorter labor, okay, down 2 hours from lance.
She is here, all 8 pounds, 10 ounces of her.
I can't believe me, little 5'5'' and 110 (not pregnant self) delivered a big baby.
It was quite an experience, one I don't know if I will be repeating.
I thought this was going to be so much easier than Lance and it was in some ways, but very similar in a lot of ways.
Nursing is not going easier and it is tough.
Lance though is in love.

Lily Madalyn
8 pounds 10 ounces
21 inches long
born 8/18/08 4:43 pm


I am excited that I am out of the hospital today on my 30th birthday, but then I realized if I was there, I would be in the same hospital I was in 30 years ago and if I would have delivered last night, it would have been the son of the doctor who delivered me on the same day at the same hospital, would have been cool, but I am glad she has her own birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! She's so beautiful:) So glad she's here. Huge Congrats to you and your family!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. She is absolutely gorgeous.

ohAmanda said...

YAY! She's gorgeous!!!

I'd love to hear the birth story at some point.

Rest and enjoy your sweet girl...oh, and I LOVE the name Lily. LOVE IT.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails