Wednesday, December 12, 2007

it is sad, but true

Last night I fell asleep at 8:30! I got like ten hours of sleep, I can't remember the last time I got that much sleep. Now it wasn't 10 hours of continuous sleep, I was up a few times in the night, but still, in the bed, for 10 hours, unheard of. I don't think I have gone to bed that early since I was in elementary school. Jeff woke me up at 10:30 so I could brush my teeth and get ready for bed. The few times that I have fallen asleep early I haven't been able to go back to sleep, but last night I had no problem. I didn't think I was that exhausted, but I guess I was. The sad thing is, since Jeff gets home from work at 7:30, so I really didn't get a chance to hang out with him or talk to him since he had barely been home and the time he had been home his focus was on lance, not me.
It is still unseasonably warm out and we are enjoying every minute. We had a play date yesterday which was a lot of fun, at lance's age play dates can be good or really bad, and the boys played fairly well together, only a few times lance got a little mean. Lance is back into biting again which is frustrating, I thought we were past it, but he started again on Sunday. We haven't said any new words, but he will now say "baa" when you ask him what sound a sheep says. Life isn't too exciting here, which is probably a good thing. Lance is so picky about food, it is driving me crazy. Some things he will eat one day like crazy and then he won't even touch them the next day, it makes is kind of hard to find something for him to eat without being wasteful.
Oh, how could I forget- Lance has figured out how to climb up on the chairs in the dining room. Yesterday I was wrapping presents and he did his little pull up to get onto the chair opposite me. Something happened and the next thing I see across the table is too little feet flying up and over (it looked like feet during a cartwheel). He hit the ground with a thud and then a scream. I have no clue what happened, but I think when pulling himself onto the chair he slid over too far and went off the opposite end sending his feet overtop, basically somersaulted around the seat of the chair. As a result of his dining room chair acrobats he has a bump above his eyebrow- fortunately it isn't a horn, and a few minutes later he was attempting to climb up again so it didn't scar him for life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails