Thursday, June 14, 2007

last day

and not the best one. Today the weather is gross, cold and rainy. This morning we played around the house for a few hours and then headed off to the library. The boys picked out a few books and a video each and after I looked for some books we stood in line to check out. The boys were able to pick out one video each and Thomas had a tough time trying to decide on one. He picked one out, then changed his mind, and after I told him to finally make a decision he decided on the first one again, but then when we were in line he changed his mind again. I told Thomas that I had already told him that he was out of time and choices and what he picked was what he was going to have, but he was not a happy camper. He wanted to change to a different video, I told him no, Thomas is not a good decision maker and I knew that he had the potential to change his mind several more times if I let him. I told him he could have the video he picked out or no video. Once again, the two-year-old revealed its ugly head. Thomas began to cry and throw a temper tantrum. As we were walking out of the library he was screaming his head off, and he just got louder as we headed to the car. It was very embarassing to be with this five-year-old who is screaming and crying. We got into the car and the temper tantrum was not over, he continued to cry and tell me he wanted a different video, he doesn't give up easily. Despite Thomas' bad behavior we headed to Chick-fil-a for lunch because the clean lady was at the boys house and I really didn't feel like dealing with the boys and not getting in her way. Lunch went smoothly and after lunch we headed back to their house for rest time. Unfortunately Lance did not like the idea of nap and never slept. We played in the big room until their mom came home and I was so thankful when their mom finally arrived. I love John and Thomas but not being able to go outside and all the energy they have was driving me a little crazy. They would play together and then fight and then tattle one the other, and the back and forth was exhausting. I am pretty tired today and did not have the patience to deal with their issues. I am sad that our week is up, it has been fun, but at the same time I can't wait for the quieter pace of one child and being able to get things done at home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails