Tuesday, April 10, 2007

tired of being sleep deprived

I am so tired. I wake up in the morning, tired. I go to bed, tired. Lance is a few weeks shy of 1 year and he still gets up at least twice per night. I am so tired I don't know what to do. The sad thing is, we know he can sleep all night long because he has done it, in fact he did it last week. Last Tuesday morning I woke up at 6 am and realized I hadn't heard a peep out of Lance all night, I was shocked and my first reaction was "he must be dead." I was still kind of sleepy so instead of checking on him I rolled over and went back to sleep. Turns out Jeff woke up around 4:30 couldn't believe we hadn't heard from Lance, thought he might be dead, but figured it would be better to sleep some more than go and check on him. How sad, we both figured more sleep was more important than a dead baby! I am very thankful that he is alive and mostly well, but I would sure love a repeat performance, but it has been over a week and no such luck.
Easter was pretty uneventful. My mom gave Lance an Easter basket and he loves his eggs filled with animal crackers, he gets them out of the basket and shakes them. He doesn't want to eat the cookies, just shake the eggs. Today while I was attempting to cat nap Lance was playing with an egg and every minute or so he would hit me in the mouth with it, I guess his way of trying to keep me awake. Speaking of tired, go figure, I could barely keep my eyes open 30 minutes ago, but now that Lance is asleep, I am wide awake. The whole sleep when the baby sleeps, never worked for me in the beginning and still doesn't seem to work for me now. Well laundry is calling my name.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails