Monday, February 12, 2007

getting too big too fast

This morning I went in to get Lance because he was awake and I was startled to find him standing up in the crib! I couldn't believe it! I am sad that my little baby is now getting so big, before I know it he will be escaping from the crib. I know I say it all the time, but it seems like it was just yesterday that I was waiting to see him or he was just the tiny little guy who looked so small in the big crib. Last night Jeff got a funny picture of him with his favorite blanket:

He has other blankets, but he doesn't like them as much because he can't put his fingers in it like he can this one.
Jeff is at a trade show today and tomorrow and so Lance and I are at the store, and we had some fun playing peek-a-boo with the display cases. He also didn't want to take a nap there in his pack-n-play. I made three attempts and even let him cry for a bit in hopes that he would fall asleep, but no luck. I went next door to the bike shop to say hi and they said they heard Lance crying, kind of impressive since he wails were through the wall and over the music.

This weekend was pretty uneventful. Lance and I went to a baby sign language class on Saturday which was disappointing. I don't know what I was expecting, but I knew most of the signs already. We also went to a baby shower for someone from church. It was okay, but Lance was really tired and cranky most of the time. Saturday night Jeff and I did get to escape from Lance for long enough to go to Sam's Club to get some items. It was nice to get out without the stress of Lance and worrying if he was going to break down in screaming while we were out. Oh, how could I forget, he slept really well!!! He slept until 5:30 Sunday morning which is awesome, all night, I was up because I was about to explode before he did. Last night was as good, he got up at 3:30, but it is a whole lot better than 12:30 like he had been. Hopefully tonight he will only get up once since it is just me, I can only hope! Oh no, he is up already, he just went down about 30 minutes ago!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails