Friday, August 11, 2006

beach baby

Our week at the beach is almost over with. We have had a really good week and I am sorry that it is almost over with. Lance has changed so much, not only does he babble, but he also loves to stick out his tongue. It amazes me how much he has changed in a week! This week has been very good for Jeff. He has been spending a lot of time with Lance and really knows what it is like to be with him 24 hours a day. He made a comment at dinner the other night, "taking care of a baby is a 24 hour job." It is funny that it took over 3 months for him to realize this. He has never spent so much uninterrupted time with him before this week, even on his days off Jeff would usually go for a bike ride or skateboarding for several hours and he had never been with Lance for a whole day. I am very grateful that Lance loves the beach, as soon as we go out and lay him in his sun cabana he falls asleep and he enjoys sitting in the shallow water kicking his legs. I had been worried that he would hate the sand and water and I would have to spend all my time inside, but that hasn't been the case. I have been able to go swimming and collect sharks teeth, Jeff has been able to surf and bike ride, it has been a very enjoyable trip. Lance hasn't slept as much as he usually does, but he can catch up next week when it is only him and I. Since today is the last day, I better go and enjoy it while I can.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails