Monday, July 24, 2006

our first road trip

I can't believe that we got through our first road trip. Lance, up until this weekend has not been a fan of the car, but I still decided to go to Norfolk for a bridal shower for Jeff's cousin. Not only was the four hour car ride going to be stressful because Lance usually screams in the car, but I was going with my mother-in-law and I was going to be in unfamilar territory for 4 days (totally out of my comfort zone- all of jeff's family with no jeff, i still kind of feel like an outsider in his fam). Lance was an angel all weekend, I was so happy. He slept most of the way to Norfolk and he was in a good mood the whole time we were there. He smiled and cooed at everyone and was quite a cutie. The nights were hard because he was up a lot and I didn't have Jeff with me to help and I was sleeping on a sofa, but I managed okay. I even got to do a little clothes shopping and found some pants that don't have an elastic waist which to me is very exciting. We also got to go swimming at this really neat pool and once again Lance loved being in the water. By Saturday though, I was really tired from not sleeping well and all I wanted to do was be at home, but I got through it. It is funny how Lance got up at least 3 times each night while I was away, but when we got home and I expected this pattern to continue and was thankful for additional help, he only gets up once, go figure. So after this road trip I feel more comfortable about our upcoming week long trip to the beach. 12 more days until the beach wahoo!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails