Saturday, January 25, 2014

The end of the fish

We have had an aquarium with tropical fish for 2 maybe 3 years.  I love it and I hate it.  We had really bad luck with the tank and fish when we first set it up, then everything kind of settled in and it wasn't so bad.  We even had baby fish for awhile, it was neat to watch then grow.  Then the bad luck returned and we kind if lost interest. I would really like a new tank that is taller and narrower with storage underneath, but I don't have the extra $150-200 for that right now. We were down to 6 fish, then 3, and now 2.  I was thinking about getting some more tomorrow, then I noticed that the filter wasn't working.  Replacing the fiter would cost $30-40, I didn't want to if we didn't want to keep the tank.  We had a family vote and everyone voted to get rid of the tank, no one cared about fish anymore, they want bigger and better (a kitten and gerbil).  So we decided to give the fish a break for awhile.  I feel bad for our two little fish, we are just waiting for them to die.  I will feed them and clean the tank, but I hope they go sooner rather than later.  I feel incredibly guilty, they are just small tropical fish that we bought for 99 cents, they don't know that we don't care about them.  Hopefully one day we will have a bigger house and will have room for a fish tank.  I should be glad to be rid of the hassle and always making sure that the "fish" bucket never touches cleaning products.  So the fish death watch has begun, all the fish we want to live usually die within days, these guys will probably last months.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails