Tuesday, August 09, 2011

transitions

this summer seems to be the summers of good-byes, summer of transitions.
some fun:


like lily transitioning to a big girl bed and saying good-bye to the last of babyhood.
which is exciting, but still a little sad.












lance graduating from preschool and will be starting kindergarten in a few weeks













saying good-bye to Gram, losing my last grandmother.
finishing graduate school classes and now looking for a job.
and now, a change to my first job.
The owner of the restaurant where I got my first job, and still work there occasionally just sold the business. This place has been my safety net, I knew that if things ever got bad, I could always pick up some hours there or go back to work full time there, now with a new owner I don't know what is going to happen. I am excited for the owner since she will have more time for herself and her family, but sad that another chapter is coming to an end. I am forever indebted to her for hiring me, teaching me so much, and giving me so much more over the years. I wish I could find the words to describe what this place means to me, I have met so many people through the store and have so many memories. Once again, another transition that is bittersweet.
So many changes, life is definitely not stagnant.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails