Thursday, August 11, 2011

seasons


we had a playdate at a friend's house yesterday and they have the play set of all play set and so the kids of course wanted to go outside and play so we did and it was so strange.
It is August and it was hot like August, but there was no humidity so it felt like fall, and it was nice and it got me excited for fall (the strange part).
I hate winter, so I say I love summer, but really I think I love all seasons except winter though Christmas is fun.
Yesterday was apple orchard weather, it was dry, but warm and felt like summer time and got me kind of excited about Fall. I guess now that our beach trip is over with I am ready to move on so it will be summer again and have a beach trip to look forward to. I started thinking about all the nice things Fall has, trips to the apple orchards, hiking in the mountains when the leaves are all different colors, going to the pumpkin patch and carving pumpkins, and going to corn mazes and other fall festivals, sounds like fun.
Then I burst the bubble by thinking about having to wear long sleeves and long pants, I love summer dresses.
Cold weather and losing daylight, I love the warm, summer evenings, when it stays light past 8 instead of 5 or 6 like in the winter.
So like everything in life, there is good with the bad and nothing seems to be fully one or the other.
It is suppose to be cool for these next few days so when it gets hot and humid again next week (assuming it will be), I will enjoy both and appreciate the last remaining days of summer before the cool weather and dark nights chase the fireflies away until next summer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails