Saturday, August 13, 2011

organizing

So this week I have finally been able to do all the things I have been wanting to do all summer but could not since I was in class and studying most of the day.
I have cleaned out the upstairs closet that was PACKED full of stuff and reorganized.
I have cleaned off the shelf in the laundry room which is always a mess and now thanks to my new desk it is empty!
Lance and I reorganized his "homework" area.
I organized the cabinet above the shelf in the laundry room and homework and it is mostly empty.
I also went through the rubbermaid bins in the attic spaces and sorted baby clothes and was able to reduce totally rid the attic space of two bins, so now I have TONS of boxes for a yard sale, but there is a lot more room for storage.
It is kind of funny that I am more sentimental about Lance's baby clothes than Lily's. I think it is because more of his were gifts from friends, coworkers, etc, where a lot of Lily's were ones I purchased so they don't have as much significance. Or maybe there was a time that I wanted another child and hoped it would be a boy. Which I have to say I am over with now, thanks to Lily. So I have been thinking about it lately, I am content with two, before kids I thought 3, but I think we are good with two. I don't want to go through morning sickness, labor, early breastfeeding, sleepless nights, diapers, colds, crying, etc all over again, I am really enjoying life with kids not babies.
So I have been able to get a lot done. Jeff even got the desk I inherited from my grandmother done so I have a new place for my cookbooks, pens, and other stuff which helps me to get other areas clean. I love organizing and I love when everywhere has a home so it has been fun to get things neat and orderly. I also love purging stuff, it is very cleansing to decide to yard sale the spoons that I use to use before I got the ones I loved and as a result haven't touched them in a year because now there is more room in the drawer and it makes it a bit easier to open and close. I guess another way to look at it is, there is room for more stuff. Which reminds me, I don't buy a lot of stuff, so how have I accumulated so much to get rid of? Well I wish I had before and after pictures of my work, but it was a bit embarrassing how messy certain areas where. So now the goal is to keep these areas neat and organized, but if everything has a home shouldn't that be possible?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails