Thursday, April 23, 2009

slacker mommy

I don't know if I am going to make it through potty training.
First off we have a very busy schedule and we aren't home all day most days.
Secondly, I am not a patient focused person which was evident this morning. I have two kids, it is hard to stay focused on just one.
Since we were spending the day at home I asked Lance if he wanted to wear his Thomas underwear. He said yes so I reminded him that pee and poo goes in the potty and not the pants. I should mention that he has gone in the potty before, worn underwear before and I thought we would have success this morning, but I was wrong. Every five minutes or so I would ask him if he needed to go. He would say no, but twice he did sit on the potty, but nothing happened. We went upstairs, with potty to play. I reminded him every five minutes or so, even came up with a song. He had been in underwear for a long time and I was going to try and get him to sit on the potty, but then I got sidetracked and the next thing I know Lance is walking a little funny. He had peed and then to my horror I realized he had pooped too. After cleaning up the floor and Lance I asked him once again what he wanted to wear. He chose underwear again and I reminded him that he needed to go in the potty. I figured I had a bit of time since he just went, but I was mistaken. He was playing on his bed then he got down and walked to the door. He held onto the door frame, lifted his leg slightly and peed, and boy did he ever. I was so shocked that it was hard to contain my giggles. AHHHH! How do parents potty train their kids? So Lance went right back to diapers and I feel like Lance will never be potty trained, he did so good last week, what happened? If constant vigilance is the key to potty training, Lance is going to go to Kindergarten in diapers. Part of me feels this whole process would be easier if he could talk. Parenthood can be so frustrating and messy at times. I really need a light at the end of the tunnel in so many areas in my life right now, potty training included. I feel like such a failure, can't something just go easy for once?

1 comment:

Meredith B said...

Now that it is getting a bit warmer, you may have success with his going without any bottoms OUTSIDE! That way he is not getting your floors dirty and he will become more aware of when he is going. I marvel at people who train children overnight...my boys took a bit of time. Consistancy was the biggest key for us. I had to set a timer to remind me to remind them...I would forget. I will pray for your sanity, though! I know how rough it is to train one with one still needing a lot of attention!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails