Tuesday, May 26, 2009

it's like a car accident on the side of the road

You don't want to look, yet you can't turn your head away and focus on the road. Last night I watched the premier of Jon and Kate plus 8 and it was like driving by a car accident. It was sad. Over the years I will admit I have watched the show, not necessarily regularly, but I have watched the show when nothing else was on and I gave in to watching tv instead of doing something productive or constructive. I have found it entertaining to watch the adventures of such a large, complicated family and I am amazed at how they can handle 8 kids when most days I am overwhelmed with only two. I can't imagine the stress and craziness of life with that many children, whom I should note are all the same age, well mostly. After last night's episode I don't know whether I will continue to tune in. Watching some one's marriage fall apart is not entertainment, I would say it is quite depressing. They seem to prove the thought that there is a cost or consequence for fame and money. Though none of us really know what may be going on, it makes me want to shake both of them and say "wake up and smell the coffee. both of you need to stop being selfish and work on your relationship. fame and money is not worth the breakup of your marriage." Then there is the other part of me which is wondering, how much is real and how much is just a ploy to boost the rating and getting suckers like me watching the show? I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails